Friday, July 17, 2009

The Good Old Video Games are back :)



Thanks a lot Saurabh for mentioning those good old video games. I remember when I was in secondary school. We’d just come back from school and the first thing we did was switch on the Video Game set. Nothing doing before we’ve played for an hour or two – no lunch no changing clothes, nothing was acceptable. It was so much fun.

Forget we kids, even my dad was addicted, to his “simple old man’s Doctor Mario”. It was a "Tetris like game", though different from the "brick game thingi". Mom would go crazy with all three of us glued to the TV for long long hours.

My personal favorites were Mario, Contra, Street Fighter, and a dark Egyptian Game whose name I unfortunately forgot :( But now I'm back to gaming on my laptop, using these ROM emulators. I guess these are illegal, but, who cares. All I care is fun, ultimate fun that's there in these games. I'm soon gonna buy a PC joystick too, and that'd make it even more fun.

Here are some more snippets that'd remind you of the good old days. Maybe you'd also wanna take a new look at them, leave aside your latest PS3s and X-boxes for a while...


Ken was my favourite. I still love to pick him.

And Mario, I knew so many tricks, and what's great that I still remember them. Do you know where was that place with unlimited lives in the 7th stage??? Surprised haan...it always helped me kill the dragon and win the princess in the final stage. We'd reach there, leave Mario jumping over the duck and go to play cricket :P. And when we'd return after a coupe of hours, we'd have much more than the lives that anyone can ever lose while fighting the dragon :)


I'm glad I have my childhood friends back with me. Hope you'd also enjoy rejoicing those golden day :) Of course, do drop me an email if you want these games, all collected into a neat archive, so that you don't have to search them all over again

No comments: